Friday, February 25, 2011

{My "Whatever" Bag}


I've been wanting to make myself a large bag for so long! I always end up making bags for other people, which I totally enjoy, but then never get around to my own. I just want it for "whatever"...weekend trips to visit family, a few library books...just a general "whatever" bag. Can you tell I'm great at coming up with unique names? ;)  I've made lots of purses, but never a large bag, and I love how this turned out.

Super simple to make...basic bag really...nothin' fancy. I fell in love with this fabric while working on a purse for my MIL, so I bought extra for the day when I would have a chance to use it for myself.  This one has a snap closure. They are just too easy to use to pass them up!

I guessed at what measurements I wanted and went with the following:
Body: 20" x 18", with 4" boxed corners
Interface slightly smaller all the way around
Snap closure: 3" x 6"...and it's actually right :)
Straps: 4" x 26" (with interface as well)

About a 1/2" seam allowance. I used a double-row of stitching on the straps and around the top, just for something a little different.

I didn't add any pockets to this bag...not sure why...just didn't this go around. I think I'm going to make a little fold-over wallet to store my running library "to get" list.
I really like how it turned out! Whatcha think?

Now can someone please teach me how to "ease in a sleeve"?! (Tee Hee) But sadly, I'm not kidding.
I just.don't.get.it. There must be something missing in my brain for it!
Oh well...this AG doll robe might be lying in a half-finished state for years to come. :)
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm linking up to these great parties:
 UndertheTableandDreaming
 Fingerprints on the Fridge...Feature Yourself Friday
Fancy This
Stinkin Cute Thursday Button

4 comments:

  1. I have been really into making bags lately. I love the fabric you picked!

    Malory

    http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this website is something that is needed on the web, someone with a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet!

    Visit Site
    Livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

    Celebes
    Wisata Celebes
    Celebes Travel

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!