Monday, May 30, 2011

{Clubhouse Makeover}

I've been MIA lately, but have several projects I'm working on! The weather has FINALLY been beautiful and it FINALLY stopped raining, so we spent the holiday weekend getting multiple yard projects out of the way.  Do you love to work in the yard? I absolutely love it... the satisfaction of checking something off our to-do list and admiring the end result.

Our first project was to makeover this "clubhouse". We moved into our 3rd home a little less than a year ago, and inherited the clubhouse from owners several years ago. It had great bones and great structure, but needed a few repairs and some cuteness for my nearly 7-yr old daughter.
It's located at the back of our 1.5 acre property, near the woods.
I had a vision of making general repairs, adding some playset accessories, and a few cuties to make it work for us. We have a wooden playset, but it's smaller. In hindsight, we would have purchased a larger one, simply for a larger "clubhouse" feature. But...with only one child, nearly 7, it doesn't seem cost effective to purchase a new $1K set when we had this clubhouse we could re-work. :)

Here's the finished product. We're happy with it, and best of all, she loves it!

Whatcha think?
For a hair over $100, we made a few repairs,  replaced the flooring, relocated the ladder entrance, and added the safety handles, steering wheel, mulch, and telescope.

 I covered the bottom with a weed mat and filled it in with mulch that matches the rest of our landscaping. She wants to add a few pinwheels at the bottom as well. :)

 We've had these outgrown rainboots on hold for a donation for at least 2 months! I saw an idea recently to use them as planters and I fell in love with it. I have no idea where I saw it, but it's a great idea so we kept the boots just for this purpose.

Now it's a safe clubhouse to play in, which is currently acting as one of the following:
1. a lookout for poachers in Africa
2. an animal rescue truck on the African savannah
or
3. an animal science lab.  :)
Can you tell she wants to be a biologist?

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope your weekend was as productive as ours!



I'm linking up over at:





NightOwlCrafting
Making

 The DIY Show Off

5 comments:

  1. This looks great, LOVE it! I can totally imagine the feeling of satisfaction when you look at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this at I ♥ Naptime. I love it! It turned out so cute. I wish we could "inherit" a treasure like this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and what fun - perfect for summertime! Thanks so much for sharing in the DIY project Parade, Deanna. It's nice to "e-meet" you! I'm including a link back in tomorrow's highlights. ;)

    Have a great rest of the week!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

    iTrip Travel
    iTrip Wisata
    iTrip ID

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are here to fulfill any sort of requirements of our customers. You can choose to order any kind of Sweet Packaging Box with the desired style and shape.

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!